Are you planning a beach wedding theme for your upcoming wedding?
Not sure how to plan your wedding around this theme?
You don't have to get married on the beach to create a beautiful beach themed wedding.
My nephew was married in Buffalo, NY in June. Not exactly a city with white sandy beaches but this was our hometown. He and his fiance had been living in California but married where the family was.
He and his his bride loved the beach so they tied a beach theme into their wedding even in the midst of downtown Buffalo. You can do this too!
When we arrived at the reception, every chair had a Hawaiian lai draped over one corner.
The wedding cake had palm trees and beach scenes as you can see in the photo. Snow was also incorporated because they also love the mountains and snow (being in California you can be at the beach one day and in the mountains the next!)
My sister, mother of the groom, had made this creation to match the bride and grooms styles. My sister was a professional cake decorator. You should be able to share your likes with your decorator and see what ideas they can come up with for your cake.
The flowers that you use to decorate your reception site can be tropical and your wedding favors can be beach themed or tropical to go along with your cake and create the right image for your theme.
Your favors can incorporate palm tree designs, flip flops, tropical flowers, shells, beach chairs, mini beach buckets with candies or simply create favors in the beach themed colors you may be using like aqua, sand color, white, etc.
So, when planning a beach wedding theme these are the things you want to focus on to help create your theme.
First of all, do you want to create a beach theme at the wedding ceremony or just at the reception? Decide how much you want to incorporate it and then consider these things:
1. What is your theme? You have decided on beach theme but do you want to focus on shell designs, flip flops theme, tropical or a mixture. It is best to limit the theme to one or two main ideas.
2. Consider your flower types – tropical, palm branch greens, daisies for your bouquets and reception decorations. Talk to your florist about your theme.
3. Reception Decorations – table decorations, centerpieces, any hanging decorations, guestbooks, and cake style. Will you be decorating your own reception venue? There are many resources available to help you find beach themed wedding decorations.
Maybe you want a lighthouse beach theme. Search for things that focus on this area. If shells is what you have in mind, look for real shells to display around your cake table, head table and other areas in the reception area. Tie in tropical flowers and ferns or potted palm trees.
4. Wedding Favors – stick to the same theme you are using for your decorations. Don't veer off from the shell theme or whatever you decide on. Keep your theme consistent.
5. Attendants Gifts – you may even want to theme the gifts for your attendants to help give them lasting memories of your wedding
6. Your wedding attire - Choose your beach wedding dress with beach conditions in mind. Heat, wind, sand, etc, are all elements to consider. Also, what type of attire will the groom where? You can find some really nice beach themed formal wear or you may decide on a more casual approach.
If you follow these basic ideas when planning a beach wedding theme and remember to relax and have fun your day should be perfect!